January 18, 2012

Super Exciting News!


Yep, I have exciting news…. This ship will be my home for 8 weeks this spring!  On April 11th, I am flying to Lome, Togo to join Mercy Ships on Africa Mercy.  Mercy Ships provides free surgical care to the forgotten poor of Western Africa.  During my time on the ship, I will be working as an Operating Room Nurse in whatever capacity they need me.  They have six operating theaters and primarily do general, orthopedic, maxillofacial, gynecology, and opthalmology cases, depending on the available volunteer surgeons.  My job here has agreed to let me take advantage of this wonderful opportunity while they hold my job back here in Richmond.  It doesn't seem real yet that one of my lifelong dreams is coming to be reality, but I am super excited to have an experience like no other!

For those who don't know where Togo is, it is that tiny red spot on the map… 
Yes, I had to look it up as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment